Sunday 3 July 2022

Ränneslättsturen - Riding in sub-optimal shape

Result: 11th place

Equipment: BMC Fourstroke with Maxxis Aspen 2.2" front tire and Continental Raceking 2.2" rear

Type of race: XCM (marathon), 78 kilometers

This race went badly so I will not dwell on, or write about it, too much.




Simply summarized


The day after I got home from Beskidy Trophy I got a cold. Not really that surprising as I went all-in on that last stage trying to advance to second place. The cold lasted to Saturday, the day before this race. The week between Beskidy and this race was also not quite enough for a complete recovery after 4 stages of racing.

Why did I race? Well, I had already paid for the race, it was quite close by, and it was part of the Swedish Marathon Cup (Svenska Långloppscupen), where I'm currently in second place, so I needed to collect any points that I could for the total standings.

How did it go? Badly? I had some power for the first hour or so but then it just disappeared. I decided not to push it and just gently roll the rest of the 50k or so of the race. It was okay and I didn't worsen the cold.




Post race data

Average power:          214W
Average heart rate:     163bpm
Max H/R:                180bpm
Weighted average power: 236W

I think that the average power says it all