Wednesday 11 May 2016

Hotcup #2 - Good legs!!!

Result: 5th place

Bike: BMC Fourstroke 01 XX1 Fast Trak 2.0 / Renegade 2.0 1.6 bar. Stans Notubes Valor wheels.

With the most important race of the season so far coming up this saturday I set the bike up for today's Hotcup in the same way as I will race on Saturday (Billingeracet). That means I'm racing the Fourstroke and running my Stans Notubes Valor wheels with the easy rolling Specialized Fast Trak Control at the front and Specialized Renegade Control att the back. While today's race was a bit too close to saturday's I took a chance and went all in anyway. The 'training' the rest of the week has been and will be easy commuting by bike.

Result: Hotcup #2

The race went really well and I felt strong all through it. I was part of the second group. At one point Björn Österberg and another guy went off the front and I was able to chase them down but pushing really hard on the quick sections. Now, any day that I'm able to catch up with Björn Österberg is a good day. I also managed to leave the rest of the group behind.

All the climbs felt really well and I was able to overtake riders going uphill. I attribute this to my current low weight. This bodes well for Beskidy Trophy in two weeks.

However, with a really tough starting field the my finishing position of fifth place may not seem all that impressive. Everything physically felt really good however. Best legs so far this season!

Ahead of this race I was a bit worried whether I had fully recovered from H12 last saturday which was really tough. Strangely enough my heart rate today was some 5 beats lower than normally for this type of race. This may be an indication of the fact that I was not fully recovered. And that makes my performance even more impressive.

Now lets just see if I can fully recover before Saturday's important Billingerace...