Sunday 22 May 2016

XCup #3 - Fun fun fun track!

Result: Nineth place

Bike: BMC Fourstroke 01 XX1 Racing Ralph 2.1 Snakeskin (front and back), 1.6 bar. Bontrager XXX wheels.

During today's race I tested the bike setup for Beskidy Trophy next week. That's why I was running the Bontrager wheels instead of my usual Valor wheels. Also the rather slim tires which were not optimal for this course.

I started strongly and was up in fifth place for a while. Got tired towards the end and dropped to ninth. Still really happy with the race as my heart rate was through the roof (as expected after a week of only low intensity training) and that makes it a perfect training session leading up to Beskidy.

Results

My helmet cam video

Outside video from close to the start. You can see me 12 seconds into it (thank you Peter Balog)