Saturday, 11 July 2026

Mountain Biking around Medulin in Croatia 2026

I decided to try out Medulin, in Croatia, for this summer's mountain bike adventure. It's a well known summer holiday location with lots of beaches, restaurants and tourists. However, while doing my research I had also found that there was a UCI mountain bike XCO race course nearby called Kamenjak Rocky Trails.

The three main trails that I rode were:
  • The singletrack just north of Prematura
  • The XCM Rocky Trail which is a marathon race course north and south of Prematura
  • The XCO course


Natural Prematura Singletrack

There's lots of technical and fun singletrack just north of Prematura. It's very stony and has sharp rocks so not for the beginner, but so entertaining if you're an experienced MTB:er.

One of my favorite sections was Dalekovod do Volme (Strava link) where I spent a lot of time getting the KOM. It's a good ride in the opposite direction as well Volme do Dalekovod.

Below is a video of that trail:



These are two Strava rides where I rode my favorite singletrack in that area:


The below photos show what the tracks look like:










XCM Rocky Trail 

This track is from a race that's been held many years here.

Here's the Strava Route.

This is a beautiful and fun trail to ride, BUT BE AWARE that it goes over all the beach access trails, and even down to the beaches, and so there are a lot of tourists walking around. It's a ride you do for the scenic views, not for going quickly.

Warning: Once you go south of Prematura there is no place to buy drinks or fill up on water. So do that in Prematura which has shops and coffee places.

Here are two of my Strava rides where I took that route:








XCO Kamenjak Track

This is a real UCI XCO race track with all that it entails. Beware that this is a highly technical track with very hairy downhills. Now I hesitate to recommend it, because there is an uphill section that I was never able to ride all the way, and that made the track not that much fun to me. The uphill is very stony, very hilly, and it's not straight but turns like a snake. The rest of the track is fine, though very hard, but this part sort of ruined it for me because I had to get off and walk part of it each time.