Saturday 8 July 2017

XCup #4 - A step forward

Bike: Cube AMS 100 C:68 SLT,  Rocket Ron 2.1 Snakeskin F/B 1.60 / 1.60 bar

Result: 13th place (overall)

After last Sundays disaster with the poor form at Ränneslättsturen I was totally focused on recovery throught this week: I just did my normal bicycle commuting at low intensity.

For this weekend I knew that I had the more important race on Sunday, but I still wanted to race at XCup today, Saturday. So I took a bit of a chance. Today's race was just 60 minutes + the lap.

The track was located outside of Hässleholm and is one of my favorite ones. The terrain is very undulating with small uphills and downhills throughout and almost 100% singletrack. This makes for fun racing.

My form still isn't good but better than last weekend. I had a good race, my heart rate being predicatably high after all the resting during the week (peak H/R at 190!). Towards the end of the race I didn't go 100% all in to still save a little for tomorrows race. This meant I lost three places during the last couple of hundreds of meters. Thirteenth place is ok. I had fun!

(Photographer: Linus Holmgren)