Thursday 8 March 2018

Vintercuppen.dk 2017/2018 - Second place



Vintercuppen.dk is a 6 race Winter series in Denmark. The first race is in October and the last one in March.

I really like having racing during my Winter training because it allows me to have goals to focus on that are not 8 months away. Every race is also really intense and that makes it a great training session.

This year's cup went well with me finishing in second place in M40.

My individual placings were: 5, 3, 2, 1, 5, 3

There was a clear and good trend going from the first race, which followed my increases in Watt/kg, except for the fifth race where I didn't place that well. The reason is that that particular race was crazy slippery with ice forming all over the place and thereby rather dangerous. The race was just prior to my Andalucia start and I didn't want to risk injury.


(the total number of riders in M40 was 91)

Looking at my overall placing (all categories) I came in fifth place in the cup, a personal best.

Here are some photos from the different races