Wednesday 17 May 2017

Hotcup #2 - First race on the new bike!

Bike: Cube AMS 100 C:68 SLT,  Rocket Ron 2.1 Snakeskin F/B 1.50 / 1.50 bar

Result: 7th

Bike: [ SECRET BIKE MORE INFO COMING SOON! ]

This was a Wednesday race in Denmark, the second of the series. Weather was good and tracks were dry. It's also one of my favorite areas to race in Denmark. The tracks are quick and flowy.

I came into this race slightly over-trained and that showed itself in the first (start loop) climb. People went past me left and right. However after a while I found my legs and speed picked  up.

I overtook some 20 riders all in all but unfortunately didn't manage to keep it together at the end. I made an early sprint with a few kilometers remaining but wasn't able to hold it and was passed by two M40 riders in the last few hundred meters. I still managed a respectable seventh place.

The good news is that I have a new bike and I love it! There's a post coming up on just the bike and the modifications that I've done to it!